Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Birthday Weekend


I enjoyed a great birthday weekend last week! (It was also my last weekend before I officially start school with kids!) We got up early on Saturday and went to eat breakfast at Mary's Cottage. It was really cool for an August morning so we sat outside and enjoyed the Shriner's parade. The peanut butter banana French toast was so yummy!


Then we head to the Saturday Market and wandered around. We bought some fresh peach salsa. After that Tim, being the wonderful husband that he is, hot glued everything on the walls in my classroom. I am a little picky, so I know that he didn't have any fun. It was nice to have the help though. With all of the construction, getting a classroom ready in 3 days has been difficult!
We also went to see Eat, Pray, Love. I have to say that I was a little disappointed in the movie. I absolutely loved the book. The movie just seemed to drag. Parts of it were just really boring. I don't know if it was because I was exhausted or what. I did enjoy the Italy part, and it made me want to go back really badly. (Tim and I are thinking about going for our 5th anniversary?) I also enjoyed the Bali part. That could be a fun place to visit too.
On Sunday, we spent the day at my parent's house helping out with the kids. Charlotte's birthday is on Tuesday, so she picked where we went to dinner. Pizza Buffet, here we come! It was actually pretty good. Of course, I ate mostly dessert pizza, but it was my birthday. Then we head back to Mom and Dad's for cake. Tim did a good job picking it out: a Holly zebra, red velvet cake! It was so good!

Tim, thanks for a wonderful birthday weekend! I loved my t-shirt and necklace! Mom and Dad, thanks for the jacket, Marshall's gift card, frame, and Fontanini piece! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment