Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017!

As I cuddle Walker listening to the rain and never ending fireworks, I am grateful for a new year and a fresh start. 2016 brought many blessings, but it has also brought lots of trials and sadness. In this new year, I am looking for peace in all aspects of my life. I am looking for peace in things and situations that I cannot change.

Walker has been such a blessing. His cuddles have brought me so much joy and comfort. I have loved watching Jackson and Brooks be the best big brothers. They have both grown and changed so much this year. I am so proud of these boys!

My mom's cancer diagnosis has really rocked me to my core. I have been an emotional wreck these past few months in between everything else. I have been very blessed with wonderful coworkers and friends. I have also been blessed that I have been able to go to all of the appointments with my mom that I have needed to.

Time is precious and goes too fast. While I want to be able to spend as much time with my parents and the boys, I also need to take care of me. I get 15 minutes to myself a week (my drive to pick up the boys on Tuesday afternoons).  That is the only time I am ever alone. I need to do better so I can have time to think and reflect and have quiet time with God.

My goals for 2017:
1. Make quality time with my family a priority
2. Find some time for me
3. Be grateful for what I have
4. Live in the moment
5. Figure some way to move out of this house! (I have no doubt that this will be a goal for the next 10-15 years or until I win the lottery!)

No comments:

Post a Comment