Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Furloughs and Fridays

I have to admit that I was not happy about furloughs at the end of last year. I did not want my check cut yet again! However, now that the school year has started, I am so loving furlough days! We had our second one this past Friday, and I loved every minute of it especially after my Thursday! It was so nice hanging around the house on Friday, getting school stuff done, cleaning up the house, and exercising (the hour Zumba DVD)! I could get used to having 4-day weeks.

We had a busy rest of the weekend. Charlotte and Maria spent Friday night with us, and then we took all of the kids to Greenville on Saturday. We walked down to Linky Stone Children's Garden. it is so pretty and peaceful there. I definitely recommend going there if you haven't. We also took a ride on the trolley. The weather was perfect, and there was a great breeze even if it was 90 degrees. That is the best free entertainment around. The ride is about 30 minutes round trip. The kids loved it!



Sunday brought rain! It has been about a month since we have had any! It was a great day to take a nap and get ready for the upcoming week. I think that summer temperatures are finally gone. It makes me a little sad. I love summer and warm weather. I hate winter and cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment