Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Days

We have had a fun couple of days.  Jackson enjoyed plaing on the Slip-n-Slide with the Ivey kids. Of course, he liked sitting in the bottom pool and getting wet.

We celebrated Whitney getting her masters, and Jackson got to swim again. He loved getting sprayed by the water from the slide.





Jackson slept in his crib on Sunday night. He had a bath, we read some stories, he drank his bottle, and fell asleep rocking. Of course, as soon as I put him down, he woke up. He only fussed a little bit, but he sat up playing with his music toy. He literally fell asleep sitting up. I wish I had taken a picture of the monitor.  It took him about an hour. He was very restless and woke up crying about 3. I went down and rocked him until he fell back to sleep. Then I sat in the chair until he went back to sleep.  He woke up again at 6:45, so I got him and we fell back to sleep on the couch until 9.

We ran some errands today to buy school stuff. He took a ten minute nap in the car.  He did not nap the rest of the day. He was so tired but he would not stop moving. I think he thought I would put him in the crib.

Again tonight, we took a bath, read some books, drank some milk, and I put him in the crib.  He cried until I left the room. He played with some blocks, read a book, and finally layed down, and went to sleep. It took him about 40 minutes to fall asleep. I think he was so quiet because he was so tired.
 


We got some other big news today.  Jackson had been on the waiting list for a Mother's Morning Out program at a local church, and they called today with a spot.  He will go every Thursday from 9-12. I think it will be good for him.

This has been kind of a hard week. We put more baby stuff in the attic, Jackson is sleeping in the crib, and now he will be starting school. He also took his last bath in the duck, and now sits in the big bathtub! It is kind of depressing.



No comments:

Post a Comment