Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Things are changing...

We have been planning this for some time, but it was still hard. We ordered new furniture for the downstairs family room right after Thanksgiving.  We knew we had to do something about the Abby and Max before the furniture arrived. We had hoped to find someone to take them, but we couldn't. Tim had to take them to the Humane Society where they do try to place the animals in homes. It was heartbreaking getting them in the carrier, and I cried until I literally made myself sick.

 I have had Abby for seven and a half years.  I have been through a lot with her, and she kept me company and made many moves with me. She was always a circus cat and loved to climb.  Jackson absolutely adored Abby.  He would call her and cuddle with her and chase her.  She let him pull on her. Abby was really good with Jackson, and I have felt so guilty about this.

I had Max for more than four years. Shandi gave him to me. Her cat had kittens, and I had always wanted an orange cat. He loved laundry and always wanted to get in the underwear.  He was big and fluffy, and you could always find clumps of orange hair. He did not want anything to do with Jackson.  He would often run away and hide when Jackson would chase him.

I have always liked cats, because of their attitude.  They will come to you when they want you. I will really miss Abby and Max. I wish there had been another way to handle it, but we live on a busy road and knew they would get run over if we put them outside.

The reason we had to get rid of the cats is our new furniture.  We also bought a new dining room table, and Tim is refinishing some chairs.

The holiday break went by too quickly.  I am sad to leave Jackson and go back to work.  I have thouroughly enjoyed being lazy. I hate that I didnt get more done around the house, but I am thankful for much-needed rest and the brain break.

No comments:

Post a Comment