Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Wedding in Beaufort

We went a short trip to Beaufort for my childhood friend, Courtney's, wedding. We have been friends since elementary school, and our parents are also good friends. Beaufort is such a cute town on the coast. I would love to go back. We got down there in time for lunch and walked in the historic downtown area. Then we checked into the hotel. The boys were so excited.

The wedding was on Dataw Island on the 17th green right on the marsh. It was beautiful! The boys looked so handsome and were pretty good. They did leave during the ceremony,but there were other kids there too.

The reception was fun. I got to see some high school friends that I have not seen in forever! The food was wonderful- probably the best food I have ever had at a wedding. There was a dessert bar too! The boys loved that! There was great music, and Brooks was a dancing machine! They first asked people to come slow dance. He was precious, looked at me, and said, "Mommy, dance?" Then he took my hand, and we went to the dance floor. 

At first, he would just point to the dance floor and say," I dance."  I would have to hold him and dance. Then the chocolate kicked in, and he was all over the dance floor. It was hilarious! Every now and then he would make Noni or me go back out there with him. He was not shy. He would take breaks, but then wanted to back out there. Jackson wanted to dance, but he did not want to in front of other people. 

It was great to see some old family friends and catch up! We all had a nice time. Brooks was still going strong at 10:30 dancing and running.  Brooks did not want to leave. "I go back." Something tells me he is going to be wild when he is older!

Both boys fell asleep on the way back to the hotel. We had a yummy breakfast and drove by the beautiful houses and saw the house from "The Big Chill." The we headed home.



































No comments:

Post a Comment