Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Ohhhh, Jackson!

Today I took Jackson to therapy for the first time in a month.  My mom has been taking him.  We have been trying different things to try to get Jackson to work harder during therapy.  We tried having sessions at different times, having my mom take him, and having his therapist take him back by himself.  Nothing has helped.  His therapist is so wonderful. I always feel horrible after a session because he cries the whole time.

Today we met with several therapists. Kelly was there with some of her colleagues brainstorming ways to best help Jackson.  He was holding his head in the middle when we got there. It immediately goes to the left when he gets mad or tired. He was fine when we got there, but he cried as soon as we went back to the room.  He did show off some today and rolled across the mat.  Finally!!! He did it all by himself!  That was the first time I have seen him do it. We have decided to the Tot Collar.  Jackson will have to wear it for 2 hours each day, and we are hoping that will help with the tilt.

We also talked to another therapist about the possibility of reflux.  I don't see any of it, but I usually only feed him once a day.  It made me really sad that I couldn't give her more information about his eating, but I am not around him that much during the day.   The therapists at Pediatric Therapy Works are wonderful!  (I do feel bad that Jackson screams the whole time we are there.) They have gone above and beyond to help Jackson.  I am so thankful that we have a place so close to home that works with children!

No comments:

Post a Comment