Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 26, 2013

April Showers...

Yes, I know it has been almost a month since my last post, but we have been running around like crazy!

I am officially on maternity leave as of this past Tuesday. It was time. Baby Brooks is doing great, and I am scheduled to be induced on May 6 unless Brooks decides to come on his own. He heart rate has been consistenly around 160, and he still likes to roll around! I have had terrible heartburn, so we will see if this child has hair! I finished my last ESOL class (hopefully) last night.  We have had a lot of projects due these past few weeks, so it is a relief to have that done.  Now I have to study for the PRAXIS test.  Leigh and I have been celebrating our last classes with Sonic. I am looking forward to getting the house in order and resting some before Baby B gets here! Of course, it is hard to keep the house clean and organized with Jackson and Tim!

Tim has been really busy at work as usual and has had to be a single dad on nights that I had class. He also had to take care of Jackson while I worked on all of my projects and papers.  When it rains, it pours!  We have had so much that had to be done on our house.  $1700 for a new roof for the screened porch was not something that we had planned. Now we have a big branch that probably needs to be cut off of the oak tree. We need to get this rocky area paved and need a fence to keep the Wild Man from escaping to the busy road that we live on.  Have I mentioned how much I want to sell this house? Don't get me wrong, it is a nice house.  The location is not nice though! Plus it has been one thing after another with this house. (Please pray we don't have to replace the sewer line any time soon.)

Jackson has grown up so much these past few weeks.  He is putting more and more words together. He is asking questions like "What is that?" "Where's Daddy?" He also says Elmo instead of "Melmo" and Abby instead of "Beabby." His tantrums have definitely gotten more frequent, and he gets WILD sometimes! He still loves trains and Mickey Mouse. His appetite as changed greatly though.  He is the pickiest eater!  One day he will eat grilled cheese, and the next day he won't. He hardly eats anything. I think he has actually lost a few pounds. He does like chocolate milk and will eat pastina or "soup" as he calls it. He has even gotten picky about pizza and doesn't even eat pancakes that much any more!

Unfortunately, he is sick right now.  I thought maybe it was just allergies, but now I think it is a cold.  His eyes are even red and nasty, so I see a Saturday trip to the doctor in our future.

Last weekend I took a photography class, so I am looking forward to taking more pictures.  I had planned to take Jackson to Furman this weekend because the flowers there are gorgeous, but it is supposed to rain until Wednesday. Yuck!

We have done some fun things on the weekends, so I will post pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment