Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spring Break Fun

We have loved being on Spring Break.  We have had great weather so far, and it has been nice to be away from work! We have enjoyed sleeping late (and stay up late).

Monday- The weather was gorgeous so we decided to go to downtown Greenville and walk around.  We started with a cupcake at The Chocolate Moose. Then we wandered in and out of stores as we walked down to Falls Park.  Jackson was so good in stroller. When we got to Falls Park, we let him run around.  He loved it! I tried to get some cute pictures of him playing.  We have not taken him to the see the falls in a long time.  We ended the day with drinks from Sonic! I tried to lay with Jackson tonight as he went to sleep.  I was in there for an hour before I gave up and called Tim for reinforcements! Jackson gets so goofy in the bed.  Not only does he have to take "poppy" (what he is now calling paci) and blankie, but he often has to take a toy with him.  Lately, he has had to take his bus.  This child is obsessed with buses! He kept giving me kisses like he thought that would let him stay up later. It was hard not to laugh at him!





Tuesday- Jackson went to stay at my mom's house today, so Tim and I could get some work done.  My goal was to finish all of my projects for my class. I did not get finished, but I got a good start. Tim worked out in the yard, and the front looks really nice.  Usually, we plant our windowboxes and pots during Spring Break, but we have had some chilly weather, so we are going to wait until later in April to do it. We picked up Jackson and then went for a walk in the new park close to our house. Jackson rode in his car.

Wednesday- We had to have the roof on our screen porch replaced.  Whoever had it built had the wrong shingles on there which caused some leaks and rotting. Of course we were not excited about paying for it, but it had to be fixed. The roofers were here bright and early.  We met my mom at Mama Penn's for breakfast, and then she and I took Jackson to story time at the library.  The two of them go every week, but it is a treat for me to get to go. They read stories and sing songs. Then there is a coloring activity. Jackson does not like to share his crayons! We got home, and my mom helped my switch the closets and clothes.  I am trying to get Jackson' new room and the nursery complete this week. These boys have tons of clothes!  Jackson decided that he wanted to go home with my mom, so Tim and I had a little more time to get some things done. We went to see sweet Baby Parker tonight.  He is so tiny and has so much hair!  Jackson wants NOTHING to do with him. He does not seem jealous. He just ignores him completely. Jackson also got to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa.  Today is Grandpa John's birthday.  Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment