Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 18, 2011

February

I can't believe how long it has been since I posted.  Things have been super busy here with school, getting stuff ready for the baby, and the class I am taking.  I am thankful for a 4-day weekend even if one of the days is a furlough day!

Jackson Update
I am 23 weeks and Jackson is becoming more active!  I don't feel him that much during the day, but he does like when I sit down to read to my students.  He is also very active when I first lie down at night and whenever I wake up during the night.  We got our chair last weekend, and it has been fun just to sit in it.  We are trying to decide what color to paint the nursery.  We had decided on a khaki color until we brought the chair home, and now we are not so sure.  We also went to a consignment sale last week and got some great deals.  Jackson has a closet full of clothes!

House Update
We have been dealing with bats.  Somehow we have bats living in our wall.  We are lucky they are in the wall and not anywhere else, but we are ready for them to go.  So far, Orkin has collected 14 bats from the house. We are also going to be putting up a railing upstairs and painting the outside of the house.  Unfortunately, we are putting a lot of money into this house that we will never get back out.  Within the next 5 years (hopefully sooner) we would like to have all of our debt (bats and hospital bills don't help that) paid off so that we can sell the house and move into a house that is more in a neighborhood.  Maybe the housing market will improve by then, and if not, then we will just take a loss.  We have had a list of things that we wanted to do to the house and yard, but now our goal is to just maintain the house.

Good News
The good news is the weather.  It has been a gorgeous week with temperatures in the 60s, and it is supposed to be 75 today!  A lot of our bulbs are popping up, and we have a daffodil getting ready to bloom.  I am so ready for spring and summer temperatures.  I would love for it to be 80 degrees all year long!

I will post updated pictures later!   

No comments:

Post a Comment