Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

24 1/2 Weeks

Wow!  It is hard to believe that I am already 24 1/2 weeks!  6 months sounds better.  Jackson is still kicking a lot.  He kicks a lot more on the weekends.  I guess that is because I am not as stressed and can relax a little more. Last weekend we put some paint samples on the wall and made a decision.  The next step is to paint!  Here are some pictures of the nursery so far. ( Jackson, I promise we will get it painted, so it is not pink and white!)  You can also see the monkeys that we are using to accent. We also bought a rug today (you can't beat $25 for a rug!) I also included a closet picture because this child has so many clothes already!  We have been buying things on sale for next winter.  We have gotten a lot at good prices.  We have also had some good friends give us some things that their boys have outgrown.  Of course, Jackson has gotten some presents already!





Tim and I have both been busy, stressed, and overwhelmed with work.  We usually come home and crash leaving the cleaning and laundry until the weekends.  Spring Break can't get here fast enough!  Unfortunately, we have different Spring Breaks!  We are planning a trip to Charleston the last weekend in March.  This will be our last trip just the two of us before the baby!

Tim fixed his wonderful French toast for breakfast, and then we had Skin's hot dogs for lunch!  My mom made us lots of spaghetti sauce to freeze, so we are eating some leftover lasagna tonight.  Have I told you how much I love my mom's spaghetti sauce?  I have tried to make it, and it does not taste the same! That is one of my favorite things that my mom makes.  I also love her pound cake, stew, and chicken soup.




I have been baking today.  I made a Key Lime Pound Cake from a recipe in Southern Living.  I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't look bad.  I also made some Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.  Those are one of my favorite cookies.  My grandmother, Nannie, used to make them.  She also used to make some good Peanut Butter Cookies, and she would leave the peanuts out on some batches because she knew my mom, brother, and I didn't eat the nuts! I didn't know my other grandmother, Ma Ma, as well, but I remember she made the best green beans and cornbread.  Whenever I smell good green beans cooking, I always think of her!

The weather has been wonderful here!  It has been in the 60s and 70s for the past two weeks, and I am loving it!  Spring is right around the corner (hopefully)!  We already have lots of daffodils and other bulbs starting to bloom!  Winter is definitely my least favorite season, so I am hoping it is over, and Spring is here to stay!

                 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment