Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

The weather was absolutely horrible today- cold and very rainy!  We ran a few errands in Greenville today before coming home to make cookies for Santa!  Someone was in a really cranky mood and did not want to decorate cookies at all.






We also tried to Skype with Grandma and Grandpa and Charlie in Wyoming, but again someone was in a cranky mood!  He was not interested in opening his presents or talking to them at all.









The rain finally stopped, and we go ready for the candlelight service at church. I was really concerned about taking Jackson and leaving him in the nursery since he was so cranky.  When we got there, he went straight to the lady and seemed excited to be away from us.  He was in the same room as he is for school every week, so I think that helped.  After years of working in a church nursery, I never wanted my child to be that child who cried the entire time!  After the service, we went back to get him, and he was happily playing!  The workers said that he did great.  Of course, he came up to me pulling his hair.  I now hope that means that he has not pulled anyone's hair.

Then we went to my parent's house for shrimp and grits.  Again, Tim fixed us a delicious meal!

After that it was time to go home and get ready for Santa.  As we were driving, I told Jackson to look in the sky for Santa's sleigh tracks!  I used to love doing that on our way home from Nannie's house in Greenville on Christmas Eve.

We got home and got Jackson in his new Christmas jammies.  Then we put out the cookies for Santa and attempted to get some pictures in front of the tree. I wanted to read some Christmas stories about Jesus and some new one's from Grandma, but someone was done.  Off to bed to wait for Santa!






No comments:

Post a Comment