Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Being Balanced

I was supposed to grade lots of papers today, but I didn't.

I was supposed to get ready for parent conferences, but I didn't.

I was supposed to clean the bathrooms today, but I didn't.

I was supposed to vacuum and mop, but I didn't.

I was supposed to get out all of the fall decorations, but I didn't.

But I did spend all day playing with Jackson and holding him.  We even took a nap together (before our neighbor woke me up with her leaf blower!) I did make this apple cake from Southern Living. I did eat a wonderful dinner with my family and the Ivey children. What I did today was definitely better than what I had planned to do.

I love my job, but I hate everything I have to bring home with me. I work everyday from 7:00-3:30/4:00. That is an average of 45 hours a week. That doesn't count the additional hours I spend at home during the week and weekend. You always hear, "Teachers have it easy. They get 2 weeks off at Christmas, and 3 months off during the summer." I wish those people would spend a day in my shoes. We had to do a teacher writing last week about which IB attitude or attribute we wanted to work on this year. My goal is to be more balanced. I need to learn to balance home and school. Now that is Jackson is here I want to spend my time with him instead of doing all this school work!

I have always liked a clean and organized house. It is funny how my definitions of clean and organized have changed. I would rather spend time with Jackson and Tim (It wasn't that long ago that I used to vacuum every day!)!  It is funny how life changes!

Some of the things I love about Jackson at 15 Weeks
  • For the most part, he is sleeping through the night! He usually goes to sleep between 9:00 and 10:00 and gets up around 5:00.
  • He giggles when he sleeps.
  • He  likes to grab my hair and hold on while he is falling asleep.
  • He loves for Tim to hold him!
  • He loves to play with his Bumble Bee and look at himself in the mirror.
  • He loves to snuggle.
  • He loves music and singing.
  • He is the best thing that ever happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment