Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Crazy Weather

We had some crazy weather today. This morning started with torrential rain and thunderstorms. It seemed to be clearing up, so we headed to school to attempt to pack up my classroom. That didn't last long. We went to Publix. Jackson was with my parents. While we were shopping, a man told us that there was a tornado warning. We quickly checked out and called my parents. They were in the bathroom, and we headed home. My called us when we were almost there and told us the storm was heading right towards our house, so we drove the other way. We could see the rotation in the clouds, but we never saw a funnel cloud. Once the storm moved on, we turned around and tried to go home. We couldn't make it because of all of the flooding. We decied to head to my parents' house. When we finally left, we saw this rainbow!

We have lots of thunderstorms, and usually a good many tornado watches. We hardly ever have tornado warnings with actual tornadoes touching down! It was very scary. I can't imagine how all of those people who live in the middle of the country feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment