Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 28, 2013

]ust the 3 of Us... Again

Tim was in San Antonio for five days, so it was the three of us again. We were very busy with a birthday party, appointments, and school. Jackson spent the night with my mom and dad almost every night.  It is hard to get Jackson to bed when Brooks is usually fussy at that time of night. The boys stayed with my mom several times since I had a dentist appoinment and eye appointment.  Jackson had school and seems to be adjusting better.

I am trying to do a different theme week with Jackson this summer.  This week was our bug week, so we read books about bugs, made a bug jar, and looked for lightning bugs. We also did a bug puzzle thanks to Noni.  Next week we are working on shapes, gardens, and 4th of July.

Jackson went to his first dentist appointment at Anderson Pediatric Dentistry. He enjoyed playing with the lego table but cried during the whole exam.  They just brushed his teeth and counted them.  He was excited when we left because he got a ball.  He was upset when we left because he wanted to play with the legos.

I had both boys Tuesday night and was pretty proud of myself for getting them both to bed. They were both really good!

On Wednesday, Jackson and I had to take the car to get serviced.  Berkley met us there and entertained Jackson. Luvie came down and showed him the car being worked on, and he got so upset.  He kept saying, "Mommy's car, Mommy's car."  Then he and I went to Hollipops.  The toy store just opened in Greenville.  I always loved going to the one in Mt. Pleasant when I was little.   Jackson loved it too.  In fact, I had to drag him out literally!  Then we went to the new Toys-R-Us.  Jackson was really good in there.  We also stopped by Trader Joes where Jackson decided that he loved their macaroni and cheese.  Then it was off to the airport to pick up Tim.  His plane was late, so Jackson and I wandered around the garden waiting for him.  We picked up Brooksie from my parents' house and headed home.  The boys were glad to have Daddy home, and I was glad to have reinforcements.  I am very lucky to have my parents nearby to help out. I never would have made it through this week without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment