Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Glennon

Today I got hear one of my favorite writers speak. Some dear friends and I went to Spartanburg to hear Glennon Doyle Melton speak. I loved her first book, and I can't wait until the next one. I love her because she is honest about everything in her life. One of her big things is "Fear Not." She talked today about when you are trying to make a big decision, you usually just know what you are going to do. The fear aspect comes in with those pro/con lists that can cause you to doubt what you just know.

Another thing she says a lot is "Be still and know." Sometimes being still is so important. Glennon also talks about we should not take away pain from our kids. We need to show them how to be open and get through the hard stuff so that one day they will be prepared to do it on their own.

Glennon is also hilarious. The time went by quickly. I could have listened to her all day.



We went to this cute restaurant called Mon Amie for lunch. I had the best French Toast and crepes! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment