Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Kindergarten



I can't believe Jackson is going to Kindergarten this year!  It literally seems like he was just born.  It's so funny how time flies by.  This is going to be a big year for him.  It really marks his transition to becoming a boy. I see kindergartners on the first day of school and then on the last.  The transformation is unreal!

He is leaving behind his preschool and only school he has ever known along with his friends. I still worry that I have not made the right decision. He is moving to a school with 700 plus kids. He has been one of 12 and is now going to be one of 25 (hopefully). He is going five days a week all day.  Bless, he still doesn't get that he will be going every day.

I know all of the kindergarten teachers, and I know he will be fine.  I just know that he will be around different types of kids.  Kids can be so mean sometimes, and I can't protect him from getting his feelings hurt. I will be there if anything major happens, but it is still hard to let him go. I will get to see him more, so that is a plus. We will also get to spend some together after school.

I have loved these first 5 years with Jackson. I love that he asks questions, likes to color, and loves to create things with Legos.  He still loves to play with his cars, and I love to listen and watch him play. He is big on Play Mobil right now. I love that he likes to collect things. He loves to put things in containers and bags.  ( He and Brooks have a new clubhouse under the stairs, and it is full of his treasures.)  He loves sitting in the very back of the van, and he keeps lots of his treasures back there in his "hiding spot." I don't even want to look back there! Jackson is the best big brother!  He loves Walker and is always helping me with him. As much as he and Brooks fight, they tolerate each other even when Brooks says, "I am going to stay with myself!" and "You're not listening to me!"

I know this is going to be an adjustment for him, but once he gets into the routine, he will love it. I am pretty sure it is going to be a bigger adjustment for me as I realize my first baby is growing up. I am so proud of the the kid Jackson is!

No comments:

Post a Comment