Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Is it really almost over?

I have to admit that even though I got bored, I really did enjoy having all of last week off of school! (By the way, our deck is still covered in snow. We still had a lot in our backyard yesterday, but most of it melted today!) Friday was a furlough day anyway, so we just have 4 days to make up at some point. I have missed my kids though, and I am longing to be back on a routine. Of course I know I will be exhausted and overwhelmed on Tuesday.

Tim and I had a great Saturday. We started off with a wonderful breakfast at William's Hardware. They have the best pancakes, and you can't beat the prices! We get two cups of coffee, an order of pancakes, an order of French toast, and a plate with bacon, eggs, home fries, and biscuit for under $15. Then we went to Old Navy and bought some baby clothes. They were on sale and then an extra 40% off, so you can't pass up blue jeans for $2. We also went to Babies-r-Us to try out strollers. We actually practiced opening and folding the stroller, and putting the car seat back in the stroller. That helped us make our decision on which one we wanted. We had kind of already picked it out based on Consumer Reports, but this made it easy. We also went to Buy Buy Baby and to the mall. You could tell that everyone had been snowed in, because everywhere was packed! Tim is a good sport about looking at all the baby stuff, so I am very grateful that he puts up with me and the fact that I could probably go to those baby stores everyday and find something new to look at!

Baby News
We have picked out new bedding for the baby. The other ones I absolutely fell in love with, but I cannot bring myself to pay over $400 for baby bedding. (That could buy a lot of diapers!) I am kind of picky about this. A lot of people like to decorate with bedding that has lots of cute little animals all over it or Winnie the Pooh or something. That is all you kind find at Babies-r-Us, Target, or Buy Buy Baby. I just want something different that I won't get tired of. (I mean this is all about me, right?) I have finally found some things that I like at Pottery Barn, and those sets are actually not any more expensive than the ones at Babies-r-Us. Then we will have to buy a rug and some curtains!


Here is what we like for a baby girl. We will paint the room a pale green color and use cupcakes as accents. Tim bought me some cupcake canvas paintings a couple of years ago that would look cute. I also have the stuffed cat and the book If You Give a Cat a Cupcake.



Here is what we like for a baby boy. We will paint the walls some sort of blue. Then we will use monkeys as accents. ( I know monkeys are a type of cute little animal, but they are not all over everything!).

I am almost 19 weeks. I think that I can sometimes feel the baby move especially at night. Usually it is like a little flutter even though last night I think I felt a kick. Of course, it might not be anything at all. I can't wait until I can really start feeling the baby move. Two more weeks until we find out if Baby VH is a girl or boy!
Link

No comments:

Post a Comment