Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Gorgeous Fall Week

We have had a beautiful fall week in South Carolina.  It was downright cold one day, but it has been the high 60s, low 70s for most of the week.

Jackson had a great therapy session.  He worked really hard for Ms. Kelly. She was impressed with how much he was turning his head.

We have also been working on getting Jackson to go to bed on his own and stay in his.  He actually slept in the his crib for the first time Tuesday night.  He cried for an hour before going to sleep.  I hated the idea of him sleeping downstairs by himself, so I slept in the chair.  He was restless but did stay in the crib.  When it got cold, we put him back in the Pack-n-Play.  He still cries for 15-20 minutes when we put him down, but it is better than an hour.

He is loving his Jumperoo.  He has learned how to bounce and turn himself around!  He has also been making some cute noises. He is making "raspberries" and a rolling r noise.  It is so cute!  I love how excited he is when I go pick him up and when Tim gets home.  It is too precious!

We took him to the Concord Carnival on Friday night.  He dressed up like a Tiger and loved looking at everything.  He was so cute. My mom brought Charlotte, Murphy, and Maria too. My favorite thing about the Carnival is seeing my old kids.  My kids from last year were really excited to see Jackson.  He was definitely over stimulated, because he did not sleep well Friday night, and neither did we.
Jackson and I made Cookie Monster Cupcakes!

My First Carnival

The Duck Game


We headed to the Clemson-UNC game about 9:30.  It was a little chilly but not too cold.  Jackson was happy until we made it into the game.  Then we had a meltdown.  He was scared of the loud noises!  We spent the entire first quarter walking around and looking at all of the concession stands and other food stands.  We hung out on the bleachers with some other babies.  We talked to Ansley and Jeff.  Then Jackson fell asleep, and I took him back to the stands for the second quarter. He dozed through that quarter but still jumped at every loud noise.  Tim and I decided to take him back to the tailgate.  It was kind of nice just watching the game on the TV while enjoying the beautiful weather!  We celebrated another win and enjoyed the tailgate experience.  I thought Jackson would be exhausted since he didn't sleep well Friday night and didn't really nap Saturday, but he was wide awake when we got home.  We took a bath, and then the 3 read stories on the bed (I think that was my favorite part of the day.). Jackson just talked and made noises.  Then the two of us fell asleep on the couch (What else is new?).

Sign me up!


Getting ready to watch the Tigers run down the Hill!



My Tailgate at home!


We went to church Sunday morning.  Jackson has spent the afternoon in his Jumperoo. We need to buy one for Noni!  I really want to take a nap, but I can't convince Jackson to join me.
I love to stick out my tongue!


We headed to Greenville this afternoon for a visit with the Caseys.  Kristi drove a new Sienna home, and we wanted to test drive it!  Jackson stayed with Luvie, Tu Tu, Berkley, Briggs, Snooki, Shandi, TJ, and Mack while we drove it.  I love it, and now I really want one.  I am going to have to wait a couple of months until I pay that credit card down some more.  Jackson enjoyed getting to play with his cousins.  This was Shandi's first time to meet him!
 
I am a skeleton!


I love my card from Grandma Jeanne and Grandpa John!

No comments:

Post a Comment