Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas!

Like any other child, Jackson got up early this morning-around 6:00.  He has been sleeping until around 8:00.  The poor little thing has a cold though, so he ate at 6:00, and then we fell back to sleep on the couch. It was around 9:00 before we headed downstairs to see what Santa brought!  My parents came over to watch Jackson open his presents, and Tim fixed a wonderful breakfast casserole. It was fun watching Jackson open the presents. He liked ripping open the paper and then trying to eat it. Jackson must have been a good boy, because Santa was very good to him! He also opened his presents from Grandma Jeanne and Grandpa John, and Susie and Mary. He loved the pillow pal and the Star Stacker.  The crucifix from his grandparents is beautiful!

Santa came to see me!






I love Elmo!

My new chair!

Look what Santa brought me!

My Christmas Breakfast!

I love my train!





After my parents left, Tim and I exchanged our presents. Tim was worried that I wasn't going to like my presents, but I love them!  He did a great job! I love my new charm for my Pandora bracelet, my new necklace, the frame, and all of my giftcards! He spoils me, and I don't know what I would do without him.  His gifts were not as fun, but he did get two new pairs of shoes, new pants, and a new book to read to Jackson.

Then we began our marathon of Christmas gatherings!  We headed to my parents to open gifts with them and Brent and Whitney.  Jackson got lots more good stuff.  My mom also spoils us.  She did way too much! She got me the Happy Everything plate that I have been wanting forever but never bought for myself. Brent and Whitney got Jackson a Tiger mat that is so soft.  He is going to love playing on that.





Then we went to Joyce and Ernie's for a late lunch. Jackson enjoyed being around the other little kids.  He loves to be entertained by other little ones. He especially liked watching Kelin run around. He loved riding in the back of Kelin's new truck.




After that, we headed to Greenville for the annual Griswald Christmas.  Thankfully, Jackson slept the whole way (his only nap of the day!). We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, and Jackson did good getting passed around to everyone. The kids had fun opening their gifts, and Jackson loved his bath toys from Tu Tu. He also got a Snowbaby, and Jingle the dog.  We played our annual game of White Elephant, and Tim and I didn't make out too bad this year. Then Santa showed up like he does every year!  Jackson got more pictures with him.  Then Jackson and I went to go get Santa cookies, and by the time we got back, he was already gone and heading back to the North Pole!








Jackson's new Elmo shoes!


We didn't leave until 10:00, and Jackson fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep even when we got him out of the car.  He had a long day!  I think that Jackson enjoyed his first Christmas.  I hope that he felt how much love everyone has for him.  He is one lucky little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment