Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 10, 2013

Brooks-Day 2 and Day 3

We had a pretty good morning. Brooks had his circimcision surgery. While he was gone, Tim ran to get breakfast and went home for a little while. I enjoyed some quiet time in my room. Brooks came back and spent the rest of the morning sleeping. We changed his clothes and discovered most of them are way too big!  After lunch, my mom brought Jackson up.  He was asleep and then woke up in a grumpy mood. He played for a while and ate some snacks. Then Tim took Jackson home to take a nap and play with him. Mom stayed with me and held Brooks so I could take a nap.  Even though Jackson ended up not napping, I still think we all enjoyed a quiet afternoon.

My mom took Jackson home, and my dad came up for awhile.  He was able to hold Brooks for a long time. We had another great nurse on Tuesday night (also happens to live down the street from my parents). Brooks had a rough night, and so did we. He was fussy and wanted to be held. He did not like any of the pacifiers that we brought. At one point, we put him in his bed and just let him fuss. The nurse came in and told us about this great paci.  She went to get it, and of course it was like the ones Jackson too. Brooks liked it too.  That helped for a little while, znd we were able to get a few hours of sleep.

We woke up early on Wednesday and got ready to go home. We just had to wait for Dr. Hearn and Dr. Hart to discharge us. My mom and kackson came up around 10:30, and pretty soon we were ready to go. Jackson has begun to feel too comfortable there and was running down the hallways and out of the room.

Even though I was feeling pretty good, I still looked really swollen and chunky. I hate leaving the hospital and still looking six months pregnant!

We got home around 12:00. The days are already a blur. Brooks did well that first night home.  He slept most of the time.


















No comments:

Post a Comment