Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Jackson

Everyone always asks me how Jackson is doing. For the most part, I am really proud of him.  Don't get me wrong; he is jealous, but also loving.  He likes to give Brooks kisses on his head.  He also likes to touch his feet and say feet, touch his hands and say hands, etc. He tries to give Brooks a bottle and his paci.  I have seen him try to suck on the bottle and the paci.  Jackson is really good at independent play, and he loves to watch Mickey and Curious George.

The past few days have been harder for him.  I think he realizes that Brooks is here to stay, and he is learning how to share us with Brooks. He used to be a big daddy's boy, but now he has become attached to me. He wants to sit with me and wants me to play with him. We have been playing in the water table the last few days, and I have to play with him. If I try to sit in a chair or I check on Brooks, he comes to get me and says "water."  I absolutely love that he wants me to play with him. I fully aware that he will not want me to play with him for long. (I see how those fifth grade boys treat their moms!)

I know that one day the boys will be great friends and will love to play with each other.  Jackson will be a great big brother, and Brooks will look up to him!  I hope they still ask me to play with them! (Ignore the mess in these pictures.  Playing and cuddling are more important than cleaning and organizing my house right now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment