Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Last Weekend as a Family of 3!

Our last weekend as a family of 3 was not exactly how I pictured it.  First of all, I have been sick with a sinus infection.  I have had this constant, hacking cough and really have not slept in three days.  I am very limited in what I can take to treat this, so basically I have been very miserable! Tim and Jackson have been really good and helpful though. Tim has done everything that needed to be done around the house. Jackson has entertained himself.  The weather has been really nasty too.  It has been rainy and cold, not your typical May in South Carolina.

On Saturday morning, we did make it to Eggs Up Grill to eat with Kristi and Mack. Then we headed to Greenville for the first Saturday Market of the year. It was cold, and they were all sold out of our favorite salsa.  As we were leaving though, we realized it was the Duck Derby, so we found another parking place and headed to Reedy River Park.  Even though Jackson loves ducks, he was not impressed with the giant ducks and people dressed as ducks. He did however enjoy the duck cookies.  We stayed to watch the red ducks go down the falls, but didn't hang around for the big duck race. Jackson really was not that impressed, and it was cold. We enjoyed Mellow Mushroom for dinner.


Sunday was just yucky, so we spent the day inside cleaning up and getting everything ready for Baby Brooks. Jackson is spending the night with my parents since we have to be at the hospital at 5am!  I am really excited about meeting Brooks, but I am nervous about how Jackson will be with a baby.  I don't want him to feel left out. I will miss our little family of three, but I am excited about what the future holds for our family of four!

No comments:

Post a Comment