Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 15, 2014

First Week Back

My first week back was long and full of meetings and working in my classroom. I put in a twelve hour day on Thursday and saw the boys for all of ten minutes. The boys have adjusted well. Jackson still asks where I am going and tells me that he misses me. It is hard to be away from them. I miss all of Brooksie's roars and Jackson's funny phrases. My in- laws sent me beautiful flowers, and that made my week better.

We managed to get a trip to the water park in one evening. Brooks wants to go up the stairs to the slide by himself. He gets so mad when I follow him up. He has no fear! Jackson is getting more comfortable too. He still won't go down the slide, but he is swimming in the deeper water.

Jackson had his preschool orientation on Friday. His room is really cute with an ocean theme. He was really nervous and scared walking in. He was very clingy even though he knows his teacher from Mother's Morning Out. Brooks loved it and was all in the toys .  I am hoping the transition is easy for him. He has some friends in his class. I know that Tuesday will be hard, and I hate that I don't get to be the person to take him.  He keeps asking, " you stay with me?" It breaks my heart. I am praying that he adjusts quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment