Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2014

We Survived!

We all survived the first week of school! Jackson had a great second day. He read " the big bad wolf." He told us there were no pigs in the story.

On Thursday we took Berkley to dinner in Clemson. The boys were not on their best behavior, but the food was good.

On Friday we went to the water park. The boys loved it! Brooks is still determined to go down the slide by himself. He has learned to put his down when he reaches the bottom.  We ate at Chick-fila-A for dinner. Then we drove by Krispy Kreme just to see how long the line was ( It just opened Thursday, and the lines have been ridiculous!). Jackson said he really wanted donuts. The line wasn't that bad, so we went. We waited in line an hour! Of course as soon as we were 3 cars away from ordering, Jackson decided he didn't want donuts anymore. They were worth the wait! Jackson told me I could work at Krispy Kreme so I could bring donuts home to him. I guess I have found my next part time job!

On Saturday we went to Eggs Up Grill and headed to Clemson. I know it is hard to believe, but Brooks does not have a Clemson shirt that fits, so all of the boys got new shirts. Then we rested at home and went swimming with Parker. Brooks liked the big slide. We ate Guy's Pizza after. Jackson ate 3 pieces!

Brooks has some new words- stinky, quack. His favorite is uh oh. In fact he was wide awake in the crib one morning repeating "uh oh" over and over. At least he wasn't crying!

This week was a big adjustment for the boys. Jackson keeps asking if it is the week of school. He also asks why I have to go to work. His response is always the same " but I'm going to miss you." And my heart breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment