Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Jackson's First Birthday Party

Today was Jackson's first birthday party.  We are so blessed that we had such special family members and friends here to celebrate!  People all the way from Wyoming to Charleston came to party!

I was freaking out yesterday due to the rain forecast!  We had to cancel the jumpy castle which I hate since that was supposed to entertain all of the kids! However Tim balances out my OCD/craziness, and everything turned out great!  I have been planning this for months, okay really since Jackson was born.  We chose a crab/red/white/blue theme.

My mom has helped with so many of the details!  She made the cookies and helped put everything together.  She also made the tissues paper that we hung from the ceiling (I can't remember what they are called at the moment.) This party would not have happened without her!

Grandma and Grandpa and Papa J all helped watch Jackson while we were getting everything ready. Papa J even fed Jackson his lunch.

Thankfully Grandma Jeanne got Jackson to take a nap before the party started.  Jackson got dressed in his cute crab outfit, and the party began.  We started out with pictures before the guests began arriving. Even though, we were all cramped on the screen porch and the deck covered with tents, it was fine. Everyone ate, and then we did Jackson's cake.  We sang, but did not do the candle due to the incident last week. I kind of thought he would dig in, but he didn't. I fed him some icing, and then he took small bites.  He did manage to get it all over his face though. We served the cake and let everyone talk.

Then Jackson had a major blowout ( I apologize if this embarrasses you in the future!).  It was so bad we had to change clothes!  Finally it was present time!  Jackson was not really interested.  He basically played with one thing while I opened all of his presents. He got some great things, and I know he will especially love all of his books! Somehow, he managed to hop over to Kristi and eat a lollipop and a crab cookie!  Jackson was definitely on a sugar high! He had to show off how he scoots and spits and hits.

The kids played out in the yard and had fun with the water guns before the rain started again.  Auntie Ga Ga  was a good sport about all of the junk that ended up in her purse again.

We enjoyed the great company. Even Brynlee came all the way from Charleston for the party.  The Iveys made the sweetest book of advice for Jackson.  It was so sweet.  I might have to scan it and post it on here!

Jackson is so blessed to be loved by so many people.  I hope that he one day realizes how lucky he is to have family near and far who love him and care for him! We are so grateful for all of the love and support.  Tim and I couldn't do it without our families and friends!













 I can't wait to get the official pictures from Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment