Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Days!

This is really my first full week of summer vacation. I was in a class all last week in Clemson. I learned a lot of new tech stuff I can use in my classroom, and it was at the Madren Center which is so relaxing. My mom kept Jackson for me, and he enjoyed his Noni time.  

Friday, June 22 Jackson did have some excitement last Friday. My mom was walking Jackson and her dog Rudy around her neighborhood when her little dog was attacked by a mastiff, a huge dog! It was a very scary situation that could have been so much worse. We know God was watching over them. Tim came to get Jackson, and Rudy went to the vet. Rudy will be fine, but had to have surgery and a drainage tube around his neck. The dog owner had to pay the vet bill. The police were called and responded immediately since there was a child present at the attack. I was glad the situation was handled so quickly. One great thing that happened Friday is that Baby Will was born. We are so excited that he is finally here. We went to see him Friday night. Since babies are not allowed back, Tim and Jackson went to the mall. Will is so precious and has tons of reddish hair. He weight 8lbs 4 oz and was 20in long, so how was a little bit bigger than Jackson. We are happy that Jackson has a new cousin to play with.



 QT Ice Cream We have discovered that Jackson loves the vanilla soft serve ice cream from QT. I love to watch him eat it. It is even better that they are only 49 cents a cone. Now I know why all of my students love going to QT.  We celebrated the first official day of summer with ice cream.  I think that will be a new tradition!







Our Typical Day So Jackson usually sleeps until 7:30-8:00. He eats his bottle, and we cuddle on the couch for awhile. We eat breakfast around 8:30-9:00. Breakfast is usually pancakes or waffles, fruit or yogurt, and water. Then we do an outside activity like take a walk or play in the water table. Then we get dressed and get ready for nap time. Jackson likes to nap around 11:30-12:00. If I hold him, then he will sleep for at least 2 hours. If I put him down, he will do good to sleep 30 minutes. After nap time, it is time for lunch. We usually have pastina, grilled cheese, fruit, or leftovers. Then we play upstairs because it is usually too hot to be outside. Daddy comes home around 6:00, and then it is dinner time. After dinner, we take a walk, go for a swing, or play on the porch. After a bath, it is time for a bottle and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment