Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Time flies

Even though this week has seemed incredibly long to me, I guess it has gone by pretty quickly. Jackson screamed through therapy, but he was better when we left. He acts like he is being tortured. Of course, today was check offs, but I am not sure how many checks he got. We enjoyed a long walk to the swings and that put him in a better mood. Friday was an exhausting day at school. We had our big party! I did survive though, and my class gave me a really sweet scrapbook. Three of my kids from last year came to visit me. I work really hard not to have favorites or show favoritism, but there are some you like better then others. These three happened to be ones I loved. Especially with teaching fifth grade, these kids leave and you don't get to see them. When they come back to visit, I am always amazed at how much they have changed and grown. For me, they will always be fifth graders. I think about my current class. Some of those kids I will never again while some will come back to visit. You are with these kids for 180 days, and then they move on. I am usually always a little sad to see them go. This summer will be different with Jackson. I am looking forward to a much needed break and the chance to stay home with my little man. I am in denial that Jackson will be 1 on Monday. I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment