Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Day of Summer

Even though it has been in the 90s for the past month, today is the official first day of summer.  I think the temperature hit 100 today.  It has been so hot, and it has actually been nice to be spending so much time inside.  Today was the first day that I really had Jackson all to myself.  It seemed like every time I turned around, it was time to eat.  We definitely enjoyed our lazy morning. Jackson is staying awake longer and loves to lay on his Jungle mat that Tu Tu and Kristi got him.  He just coos every time we put him on there! I am starting to learn to sleep when he sleeps and try to get stuff done when he sleeps.  I have a 20 minute window where I can take a shower!

Noni and Papa J did come over for supper, and Tim fixed some good grilled pork chops. It was nice to have a little extra help tonight.  It is amazing how fast your life can change.  I used to be obsessed with my house.  Last summer, I vacuumed and mopped every day.  Everything was neat and organized.  I am just not that concerned with it now. I feel like it will eventually get done.  It is kind of a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment