Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday, June 9

I got some sleep since my mom was here.  Jackson still has not been interested in nursing, so I am calling Dr. Hart. Unfortunately, Tim had to go to work today.  Thankfully, my mom is staying.  We took Jackson to the doctor around lunch, and Dr. Hart said that he is a "lazy eater."  He has not learned that eating will give him energy and what he needs.  We are not supplementing with formula.  We have to go back for another weight check on Saturday.

As soon as we got home, we gave Jackson a bottle.  He inhaled it!  It made me feel so bad because he was so hungry and wasn't getting what he needed from me.  As soon as I saw him drink that, I made the decision to stop nursing and just go to formula.  I know that nursing is best, but it is not worth stressing about how much he is eating, going in for daily weight checks, and him not actually getting what he needs.  The decision became easy in that instant.  I was going to have to go to mostly formula anyway due to school.  There would be no way for me to pump at school.  I just have to do what is best for Jackson, and I really think this is it! (I was formula fed, and I turned out all right!).

Jackson has still been very sleepy, so hopefully as he gets more nourishment, he will be more alert. He had several more visitors today.  Whitney and her mom came by.  Then Kristi and Tu Tu came over.  Kristi brought him a huge teddy bear!  We have decided to use it with his monthly pictures!  When I say huge, I mean huge!




My new friend!


Luvi gives me good stuff!


Meanwhile, I have realized that getting up all the time when I was pregnant and not being able to sleep has prepared me for this.  I used to have to be in bed by 10:00, but now I kind of enjoy being up past midnight!  We will see how long that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment