Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Update

I can't believe it has been so long since I posted.  We have been really busy ending the school year and getting ready for Baby Jackson.

I started my weekly doctor appointments the middle of May.  Dr. Hearn was concerned because my blood pressure was getting higher.  When it got up to 140/90, he ordered more blood work and labs and made May 31 my last day of school. All of the extra labs were not fun, but the results showed that I did not have preeclampsia.  That was a relief, but my blood pressure is still high.  He decided at my May 31 appointment that he would induce Monday, June 6 at 5:00 pm meaning that Jackson should be born at some point on June 7.  I will be 39 weeks that day.  I do have to go back to the doctor on Friday, June 3 to have my blood pressure checked again. Hopefully, it is not any higher.  It will be interesting to see if it is lower since I have not been at school. The last couple of weeks have been stressful! 

I am such a big planner that it is nice to have a definite date.  This gives me time to my all of my to-do lists and check everything off. I have been off from school for two days now, and it has been nice to sit and relax some.  My feet are not as swollen as they were, and I don't have to try to shove my feet into shoes.  The bad things is that I have been spending a lot of time on www.etsy.com.  I have found some of the cutest stuff on there!  I can't wait until these get here!  I actually have not left the house the past two days.  It has just been too hot.  The temps have been in the upper 90s with the heat index over a 100!  It is too hot to be June!  Being pregnant adds at least 20 degrees!

Ending school early was bittersweet.  My school is being remodeled, so there is construction everywhere!  At first I was moving to another room, and then I was staying in my room.  Even though I am staying in the same room, everything that could not be stuffed into a cabinet had to be packed into boxes.  These boxes had to be labeled a certain way.  Thankfully, Tim and my parents helped me pack everything.  I was able to make it to the fifth grade party and the Spanish field trip, but I am missing Awards Day and Exhibition. My sweet class did throw me a book shower for Jackson.  I was very lucky to have such a wonderful class and group of parents this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment